How do I get a car loan?While it is easy to apply for a car loan in Canada, getting it approved is a whole new ballgame! If you are buying a car from a dealership, the staff there usually are adept at handling paperwork and getting you through the application process. However, if you are buying from a private seller, you may have to maneuver through the car loan application process on your own. Special Interest Automobiles outlines the steps to follow below:
- Fill out the application form with your personal and financial details, as required by the lending organization or bank.
- You may be asked to submit several other documents such as income documentation, expenses, notices of assessments and other supporting paperwork.
What are the requirements for car loans in Canada?There are several lending organizations that offer car loans in Canada and they may have their own specific requirements for the application process. However, there is some basic information that all of them need to process your application. These include:
- Government-issued identification
- Proof of residence
- Income proof
- Proof of insurance
- Use a cosigner who has excellent credit.
- Be able to put down a down payment.
- Proof that despite the financial challenges, your monthly income is stable (cheques, stubs etc.)
How do you pay off a car loan?Once your car loan is approved, it is imperative you manage your finances to ensure all your payments go through on the specified dates, without any hassles. Follow these tips from Special Interest Automobiles for a seamless payment cycle every month:
- Always make payments in full and on time so your credit rating is not negatively affected.
- At the beginning of every month, ensure your budgeting is correct so you do not miss a payment.
- Schedule direct payments through your bank to make the process easier.
Since 1986, we have been passionate about providing exceptional service to automotive enthusiasts in Cambridge, Ontario, and beyond.
Our journey began with a love for muscle cars and a dedication to their restoration. Over the years, our knowledge and expertise have expanded to encompass a wide range of vehicles, making us a trusted full-service automotive center for car enthusiasts and everyday drivers alike.
Today, Special Interest Automobiles is proud to offer an extensive range of services, from selling carefully curated vehicles to servicing all car makes and models.